Airdog Quadcopter Drone
- Incredible autonomous drone perfect for filming action sports
- One button take off with five follow me modes & two landing modes
- Advanced 2-way gimbal with stabilisation for smoother, better footage
- LiDAR and GPS combine to provide super smooth flight and obstacle avoidance
- Flying drones is subject to CAA guidelines; see here.
More product info
Autonomous Drone Designed for Action Sports
The Airdog is specifically designed as an autonomous camera drone for action and adventure sports. There’s no need for a specially trained pilot and camera operator; in fact, there’s not even a controller in the traditional sense. Simply strap on the supplied Airleash, set up the modes you need and press a single button to get the Airdog in the air – where it belongs.
What’s in the Box?
As well as the obvious – the drone itself, spare blades and landing gear and all the kit you’ll need to charge the battery – you’ll also get an Airleash remote and GPS locator device. All you need to do is strap this to your arm with the supplied strap and the Airdog will relentlessly follow you wherever you go like some kind of demented flying terminator. It’s fully IP67 rated and even comes with an extension strap to fit over bulky winter clothing.
A Mode for your Sport
If you’ve ever tried an action sport you’ll know that they’re all very different to participate in and – crucially – to film. With that in mind the team behind Airdog have come up with pre-programmed modes for different sports including mountain biking, surfing, backcountry skiing and wakeboarding, with the promise of more to come via firmware updates. On top of this the Airdog comes with five different follow modes including Adaptive Follow and Fixed Follow to make sure that you can always get the perfect shot.
There’s some serious technology packed into this drone to make it by far the best option for autonomous adventure sports filming on the market. As well as an advanced GPS positioning system to allow it to accurately follow the Airleash the Airdog also features LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging). This uses lasers to ensure that the Airdog maintains a constant altitude above ground at all times – perfect for mountain biking or skiing where sudden terrain changes can easily lead to annoying drone / ground interfaces with lesser systems.
Power and Safety
The supplied 5600mAh LiPo battery is good for up to 18 minutes flight time depending on conditions and is constantly in communication with the Airdog and Airleash to ensure there’s never any chance of an unplanned landing in the sea. Once it reaches 30% it will prompt you to select a landing option via the Airleash remote; if you can’t (perhaps because you’re hurtling down a mountain) then it will default to one of two preset options – return to take off point or return to Airleash location.
The Airdog features an advanced 2-way stabilised gimbal specifically designed for your GoPro 3/3+ or 4. This guarantees super smooth footage every time, making sure that you look your very best whilst tearing up the trails or carving the powder.
- Range: 120 metres (400 feet)
- Flight time approx. 10 -18 minutes
- Max speed approx.44mph
- Max altitude: 3500 metres (11500 feet) above sea level
- Height: 14cm
- Motor to motor dimension: 62cm
- Total weight: 2003g
- Brushless motors
- Interchangeable 14.8V 5600mAh lithium polymer battery
- Operating temperature: -5°C - 40°C (23°F - 104°4)
- Operating relative humidity: 0-85% RH
- Flight time approx. 2 hours (6-10 flights)
- Charge time approx. 2 hours
- IP Rating: IP67 (submersible up to 1 metre for 30 minutes)
- Micro USB charging port
- Range: 250 metres (820 feet)
- Weight: 80g
- Dimensions: 8cm x 6cm x 2cm
- Rechargeable 3.7V 450mAh lithium polymer battery