Beachworld Red Shrimp Glass Egg Ecosystem
- Sealed glass egg with a self-sustained ecosystem for plants and shrimp
- Beachworld 16cm high egg includes: shrimp, blue crystals and shells
- All sustenance is provided by sunlight; you’ll never need to feed the shrimp
- Based off of the original biosphere design invented by NASA scientists
- Please note: This product needs to be opened immediately on arrival
More product info
If you love the colourful hues of the Mediterranean Sea and wish you could bring some of it into your home then you’ll love this Beachworld Red Shrimp Glass Egg Ecosystem, which is part of the Mediterranean collection.
Using the same biosphere science used by NASA scientists, this 16cm tall egg shaped ecosystem is completely sealed off and requires no outside help to operate. The egg has shells and blue crystals to decorate it as well as small shrimp. You’ll never need to feed the shrimp or change the water as the whole system is self-contained.
The sphere needs to be placed in sunlight for at least 6-8 hours a day (whether artificial or daylight) and kept at a temperature of between 16°-26° C. The water absorbs the sunlight and causes the micro-algae to create oxygen as well as grow. The shrimps eat the algae and produce carbon dioxide and nutrients that help the algae grow.
This self-contained ecosystem is a must have statement piece for any home, especially for the homes of those people interested in science or eco-sustainability.
Please note: This package needs to be opened immediately upon delivery as the ecosystem cannot survive for sustained periods without sunlight. The shrimps may seem still upon arrival but that is due to the cold conditions inside the box.