Store Manager Job Advert
|Reporting to:||Regional Store Manager|
|Job title:||Store Manager|
|Date of last revision:||July 2013|
To set the overall retail and brand standards in the Menkind store, communicating well with the customers, staff and head office management to meet the highest of sales standards.
Managing the branch team to develop the store by focussing on customer needs, developing a competent workforce through focus on training, maximising profit and developing the customer shopping experience. Driving your team forwards with enthusiasm, motivation and vision.
1. Maximising Sales
• Creation of an exciting, attractive and interesting shopping environment.
• Effective promotional and sales floor management in line with company promotions and guidelines.
• Ensure the optimum use of space and equipment to achieve a high standard of visual merchandising.
• Application of engaging product demonstrations and imaginative visual merchandising ensuring that best practices are well shared and implemented in liaison with the regional managers.
• Ensure effective cataloguing to reflect the local customer profile.
2. Customer Service
• To ensure that the store takes complete ownership of all customer queries and complaints in line with company and legal requirements.
• To ensure that the team members are providing a courteous and efficient service to customers, treating each customer in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• To promote positive review of the shop online and for the interest of other shoppers.
• To promote the website for returning customers
• To minimise stock shrinkage through effective stock and security management.
• To manage staffing in coordination with the Regional Manager to ensure staffing levels are proportionate to anticipated sales.
• Identify risk factors which will ensure that stock and sales systems are fully understood and available management information is exploited in order to drive stock availability, sales and drive cost control.
• Ensure the thorough reporting of any stock damage or faulty returns
• To carefully and accurately manage the cash and banking, with reconciliations to the head office finance team.
4. Unit Management
• Effectively liaise with Head Office personnel in areas of staff policy, appraisal or recruitment.
• Ensure staff are fully trained on the employee hand book and health & safety.
• Anticipate future layout requirements and resource, replenishment and moves such that the customer shopping environment is not impacted during trading hours.
• Liaise with town centre management on any changes to opening hours, promotions, security or environmental factors likely to impact the shops operation.
• Espouse the Menkind anchor values of providing customers with inspiration, convenience, quality, value and respect in an enjoyable and lively environment.
• Interpret and ensure correct implementation of the company’s personnel policies and anchor values.
• Lead an motivate the team to create the right environment.
• Ensure effective management of rota to ensure thorough commercial cover for peak trading periods and ensure adequate staff breaks.
• Ensure that ensuring that a consistent approach is taken throughout trading hours.
• To provide feedback and personal development for staff in anticipation of business requirements.
• To ensure Menkind standards of personal presentation, timeliness, till procedures and customer attentiveness to customer are met.