Haynes Retro Arcade Kit
- Build you own Retro Arcade Machine from Haynes
- Featuring the iconic Pong-style tennis game
- Includes all components you need to build your player
- Ideal for electronic whizzes aged 14 and over
- Requires 3 x AA batteries (not included)
More product info
Put away our Space Hopper and feast your eyes upon this icon of electronic gaming! This fantastic Haynes Retro Arcade Kit gives you all the components to build yourself your very own portable arcade gamer.
So whether you’re an electronics genius or a nostalgic enthusiast, this kit is fantastic for anyone who enjoys self-assembly. Complete with the illustrated Haynes manual, simply follow the instructions provided to solder all the pieces together, including variable resisters, circuit board and wires. Once built, this Retro Arcade Kit uses the 120 LED screen to play the funky two player table tennis game Pong! Play with someone else or against the computer, using the variable speed settings and score displays, and have a tonne of retro inspired fun!
Ideal for anyone aged 14 and over, this portable gamer is the perfect project.
Please note: a soldering iron and wire cutters are required
In the Box:
- Microcontroller circuit board with LED Display (ATmega8-Controller; 120 LED matric)
- 2 x 10kΩ linear potentiometers
- 2 x knobs with grub screw fixings
- Battery compartment for 3 x AA batteries
- Insulated stranded hook-up wire
- 2 x pre-cut bare wires
- Plastic mounting housing
- Plastic screen diffuser
- Four double-sided adhesive dots
- Printed box/casing with magnetic closure
- Illustrated instruction booklet